Prep Time: 10 minutes
This amazingly delicious multipurpose sauce is a Browsey Acres original. Designed to bring out the deep flavors of our Fullblood Wagyu, this bright fresh sauce pairs well with every cut. Whether you’re throwing some Wagyu on the grill or cooking up one of our many Wagyu recipes, this sauce is the perfect accompaniment. Our absolute favorite way to use this miso ginger green sauce is on top of fresh veggies and grilled flank steak, like in our Healthy Wagyu Flank Steak and Vegetable Bowl. But it’s also incredibly tasty with Wagyu filets, New York Strip, ribeye, or any Wagyu cut you’re in the mood for.
This sauce recipe does have a couple of ingredients that may not be familiar. Coconut vinegar has a slightly sweet and mild taste, but apple cider vinegar can be used as a substitute. If you have never tried coconut vinegar before, we highly suggest doing a little searching—it’s definitely worth it. And if miso is a new ingredient to you, don’t worry, it’s usually very easy to find in either specialty or Asian grocery stores. The different colors of miso vary a bit in taste, so we highly recommend using the white miso in this sauce for the best flavor.
Since this is a freshly prepared sauce with fresh herbs, it has a bit of a short shelf life. When stored in an airtight container in the fridge, this Asian green sauce is good for about 3 days. However, we suspect you’ll be gobbling it up way before that.
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of minced ginger
- 2 Thai chilis
- 2 tablespoons of white miso
- 1 bunch of cilantro with stems
- 1 bunch of parsley, remove stems
- 2 small bunches of garlic chives
- 3 tablespoons of coconut vinegar OR 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey
- ½ cup of neutral oil like avocado or grapeseed
- Salt to taste (about ½ teaspoon to start)
- Mince the garlic, ginger, and Thai chilis and place them in your blender. Add miso, vinegar, and honey and blend until smooth.
- Roughly chop fresh herbs, add to the blender, and pulse.
- Slowly add oil while blending sauce on low. Check for salt and add to taste. If the sauce is a bit too thick, add water 1 tablespoon at a time and pulse.
- Serve directly over meat, veggies, or anything you’d like. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Enjoy!